Limited Warranty for PV Modules
1) Limited Product Warranty – Repair or Replacement
Twelve (12) years
Boswin Solar warrants that the Product including factory-assembled DC connectors and cables, if any, will be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal application, installation, operation, and use and service conditions. If Product fails to conform to this warranty, within a period of twelve (12) years from the Warranty Start Date, Boswin Solar will, at its sole discretion, either repair the defective Product(s) at no charge; or replace the defective Product(s) or part thereof by a new or remanufactured equivalent at no charge, within the above specified period. This repair or replacement remedy shall be the sole and exclusive remedy provided under the “Limited Product Warranty” and shall not extend beyond the twelve (12) years period set forth herein. This “Limited Product Warranty” does not warrant a specific power output, which shall be exclusively covered under clause 2 hereinafter (“Limited Linear Peak Power Warranty”).
2. Limited Linear Peak Power Warranty - Limited Remedy
Twelve (12) years
If, within a period of twelve (12) years years from the Warranty Start Date any Product exhibits a power output less than 90% of the minimum “Peak Power at STC” as specified as of the Boswin Solar´s product label, provided that such loss in power is determined by Boswin Solar (at its sole and absolute discretion) to be due to defects in material or workmanship, Boswin will, at its sole option, either
(1) replace such loss in power by either (a) providing additional Product(s) to the Customer to make up for such loss in power or (b) replacing the defective Products(s) at the option of Boswin Solar or
(2) refund the percentage of the cost of the Product(s) (as measured by the then prevailing market price for similar Product(s) to the Customer representing the percentage of the power output less than 90% the minimum “Peak Power at STC” as specified as of the Boswin Solar’s product label. The remedies set forth in this clause 2 shall be the sole and exclusive remedies provided under the “Limited Peak Power Warranty”
Twenty-Five (25) years
If, within a period of Twenty-Five (25) years from the Warranty Start Date any Product exhibits a power output less than 80% of the minimum “Peak Power at STC” as specified as of the Boswin Solar´s product label, provided that such loss in power is determined by Boswin Solar (at its sole and absolute discretion) to be due to defects in material or workmanship, Boswin will, at its sole option, either
(1) replace such loss in power by either (a) providing additional Product(s) to the Customer to make up for such loss in power or (b) replacing the defective Products(s) at the option of Boswin or
(2) refund the percentage of the cost of the Product(s) (as measured by the then prevailing market price for similar Product(s) to the Customer representing the percentage of the power output less than 80% the minimum “Peak Power at STC”1 as specified as of the Boswin’s product label. The remedies set forth in this clause 2 shall be the sole and exclusive remedies provided under the “Limited Peak
3. Warranty Start Date
This Limited Warranty for PV Modules shall start upon the date of installation or Sixty (60) days after delivery by Boswin Solar, whichever date is earlier.
4. Exclusions and Limitations
(1) In any event, all warranty claims must be received within the applicable warranty period for this warranty to be effective.
(2) The “Limited Product Warranties” and the “Limited Peak Power Warranties” do not apply to any Product(s) which have been subjected to:
- Misuse, abuse, neglect or accident;
- Alteration, improper installation or application;
- Non-observance of Boswin Solar’s installation manual;
- Impairments caused by external effects, such as e.g., dirt stains, smoke, damages caused by salt, by chemicals
- not explicitly authorized for use, e.g. for cleaning. Repair or modifications by someone other than an approved service technician of Boswin Solar;
- Power failure surges, lightning, flood, fire, accidental breakage or other events out of Boswin Solar’ s control;
- Caused by external events including but not limited to defective equipment parts, appliances, system components like, connecting cables, invertors, or the like, which have been coupled with the Module by anyone other than Seller, or caused by defective system design, configuration, or installation planning;
- Removal of Modules and reinstallation at a new site;
- Installation on mobile platforms or in a marine environment; direct contact with corrosive agents or salt water;
- pest damage; or malfunctioning system components;
- Alteration, removal or obliteration of the original Module label;
- Other events that are reasonably beyond the control of Boswin Solar.
(4) Both the “Limited Product Warranties” and “Limited Peak Power Warranties” do not cover cosmetic blemishes associated with installation, or the normal wear and tear of Boswin Slolar Modules.
5. Limitation of Warranty Scope
These warranties as set forth herein are expressly in lieu of and exclude all other warranties of any kind whatsoever, whether express or implied, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability, of fitness for particular purpose, use, or application, of non infringement and all other obligations or liabilities on the part of Boswin Solar, unless such other obligations or liabilities are expressly agreed to in writing signed and approved by Boswin Solar to the broadest extent permitted by law. Boswin Solar shall have no responsibility or liability whatsoever for damage or injury to persons or property, or for other loss or injury resulting from any cause whatsoever arising out of or related to the Product(s), including, without limitation, any defects in the Product(s), or from use or installation. Under no circumstances shall Boswin Solar be liable for any special punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, howsoever caused, including but not limited to loss of use, loss of profits, loss of production, or loss of revenues, arising, directly or indirectly from the sale or use of any Product(s), whether such claim is based on warranty, contract, negligence, strict liability or otherwise, Boswin Solar’s aggregate liability, if any, in damages or otherwise, shall not exceed the invoice value as paid by the Customer, for the single unit of Product(s) involved. The rights and limitations herein shall leave unaffected any legal rights existing under mandatory applicable laws.
6. Obtaining Warranty Performance
If the Customer has a justified claim covered by this “Limited Warranty for PV Modules”, an immediate notification directly to Boswin Solar shall be filed by mailing a registered letter in writing to the address of Boswin Solar listed hereunder, or by, sending an email letter to the email account of Boswin Solar Service Center listed hereunder as soon as becoming aware of the circumstances which constitute a warranty case. Together with the notification, the Customer should enclose the following information:
- The necessary contact information of the Customer, including its name, address, telephone, email, etc.,
- The corresponding serial number of the Product(s)
- The date on which the Product(s) have been delivered and installed
- The pictures of the defective Module which show the defect and/or the pictures which show the shadowing situation at the installation location
If a part, provision or clause of this “Limited Warranty for PV Modules”, or the application thereof to any person or circumstance, is held invalid, void or unenforceable, such holding shall not affect and shall leave all other parts, provisions, clauses or applications of this “Limited Warranty for PV Modules”, and to this extent such other parts, provisions, clauses or applications of this “Limited Warranty for PV Modules” shall be treated as severable.
In case of any discrepancy in a warranty-claim, a first-class international test-institute such as Fraunhofer ISE in Freiburg/ Germany, TÜ V Rheinland in Cologne/ Germany or ASU Arizona State University shall be involved to judge the claim finally. All fees and expenses shall be borne by the losing party, unless otherwise awarded. The final explanation right shall be borne by Boswin.
The repair or replacement of the Product(s) or the supply of additional Product(s), does not cause the beginning of new warranty terms, nor shall the original terms of this “Limited Warranty for PV Modules” be extended. Any replaced Product(s) shall become the property of Boswin Solar made for their disposal. Boswin Solar has the right to deliver another type (different in size, color, shape and/or power) in case Boswin Solar discontinued producing the replaced Product(s) at the time of the claim.
10. Warranty Transfer
This warranty is transferable from the original Customer to any assignee and remains in effect for the time period remaining under the limited warranties, provided the Product remains installed in its original location at the warranty registration.
11. Force Majeure
Boswin Solar shall not be responsible or liable in any way to the customer or any third-party arising from any non performance or delay in performance of any terms and conditions of sale, including this "Limited Warranty for PV Modules ", due to acts God, war, riots, strikes, warlike conditions, plague or other epidemics, fire, flood, or any other similar cause or circumstance beyond the reasonable control of such Boswin Solar. In such cases, performance by Boswin Solar of this Limited Warranty shall be suspended without liability for the period of delay reasonably attributable to such causes.
“Peak Power at STC” is the power in Watt peak that a PV Module generates in its Maximum Power Point.
“STC” are as follows:
Light spectrum of AM 1.5, (b) an irradiation of 1000 W per square meter and (c) a cell temperature of 25 degree centigrade at right angle irradiation.
The measurements are carried out in accordance with IEC 61215 as tested at the connectors or junction box terminals – as applicable – per calibration and testing standards of Boswin Solar valid at the date of manufacture
of the PV modules. The power output shall be measured by a laboratory approved by Boswin Solar.
Limited Warranty for Batteries
The repair or replacement of the Product(s) or the supply of additional Product(s), does not cause the beginning of new warranty terms, nor shall the original terms of this “Limited Warranty for PV Modules” be extended. Any replaced Product(s) shall become the property of Boswin Solar made for their disposal. Boswin Solar has the right to deliver another type (different in size, color, shape and/or power) in case Boswin Solar discontinued producing
the replaced Product(s) at the time of the claim.
1. Warranty Conditions
- Warranty is against manufacturing defects only.
- Warranty is for “specified period” from date of sale from the “Company” / from the Authorized National Distributor, OR from date of installation at site of original end customer, whichever is earlier. Warranty is restricted and conditional for use under certain applications. Refer Annexure I for details of warranty period.
- For determining whether warranty is applicable, the End Customer / Channel Partner /OEM has to produce the copy of the purchase invoice from the Company/National Distributor with the serial number mentioned on the invoice. In the absence of a proof of purchase, warranty will be determined from the product serial number.
- End customers / Channel Partners / OEM’s are advised to log in a service request with Company on 0763006555 or email to email@example.com. Warranty replacement will be given once the Company technician has inspected the customer site and ascertained the cause of failure. The channel partner / OEM may offer standby batteries if required, but the defective batteries should be kept at site to enable the technician to carry out test properly.
- With regard to claims the Company's decision is final and binding. The right to determine whether or not a battery needs recharge or replacement rests with the Company.
- In case the battery is replaced, the defective battery will become the property of the Company and no scrap rebate will be given for it. The warranty period on the battery being replaced shall commence from the date of sale of the original battery and not from the day it was replaced.
- Adjudication and settlement of the claim is a time bound process since the battery has to be tested for the reported failure. The dispatch of batteries would be done from nearest company location where the replacement battery is available and through reputed courier companies, and timeframe for resolution is based on estimated shipment times. Any delay in shipment due to reasons beyond the control of the company will not constitute any breach of commitment on resolution times.
- In case a battery model is phased out, the company reserves the right to provide any other model of the same capacity suited to the application as settlement of warranty.
- Routine maintenance of Flooded Batteries are not in scope of warranty or support from the company. The purchaser of the battery is required to understand the maintenance requirements from where they’re purchasing the battery, and accordingly adhere to the same, failing which warranty will be void. Charging of discharged batteries at customer site by company technician is not in scope of warranty.
- Any service or support beyond the scope of warranty will be provided on a “best effort” basis at a cost.
- In case of any assistance, customers are requested to contact the company service center / write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Customers are deemed to have read, understood and agreed to these conditions at the time of purchase.
2. Warranty Exclusions
Warranty is void
- If used in any application other than specified by Company. The list of applications approved for each type of battery is provided in specification datasheet. If the application is not listed in the specification datasheet, the user is advised to check with the company on warranty applicability with respect to the specific application prior to purchase.
- If there’s any physical damage or bulge in the battery due to overcharging.
- If any wires have been soldered on the terminals.
- If the container, covers and the terminals are damaged due to negligent maintenance, tampering or destroyed in accident such as fire, wreckage or explosion, or damage caused by any abuse or neglect, or any cause or calamity beyond human control.
- If the batteries connected in a string are of different AH capacities or combined with other makes.
- Due to faulty UPS system, incorrect charging or over charging.
- If flooded batteries are not maintained on a periodic basis as per the usage guidelines, resulting in deterioration of the plates and diminished battery performance or failure.
- if the battery is subject to misuse whatsoever or if battery has not been charged, discharged, stored or serviced in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
For getting the maximum life and performance out of the battery the following recommendations have
to be followed
- Temperature of 15 - 30 degree Celsius. Recommended normal operating temperature is between 25 - 27degree Celsius. High temperature will reduce battery life dramatically. A ten degree rise in temperature will reduce battery life by half for VRLA sealed maintenance free batteries.
- Relative Humidity less than 90%
- Ensure adequate ventilation where the batteries are fitted.
- Avoid direct sunshine
- Keep far from fire and heat
- Keep far from chemical reagent or solvent
- Keep battery clean and dry.
- There’s no free electrolyte present in the VRLA maintenance free battery to affect the customer during handling. However acid can leak due to container crack or damage. Flooded batteries have free acid, and will spill if not handled carefully. If exposed to acid, do the following.
- Drops of acid on clothing: Treat with soap and water. Rinse it with large quantity of water before drying it.
- Drops of acid in eyes: Rinse continuously for about 5 minutes in clean running water and then immediately consult doctor.
- Batteries should not be kept in air tight enclosures / closed units / systems which does not have ventilation. Adequate ventilation should be provided.
- Recommended float Voltage of 13.6-13.8V per 12V battery module. Maximum float charging voltage should not exceed 13.8V per 12V battery at 27 degree Celsius. Recommended Boost Voltage is 14.2V to 14.4V at 27 degree Celsius. If the ambient temperature is higher then float voltage should reduce by 0.004V per cell or 0.025V per 12V battery for every degree rise in temperature. This is the most misunderstood aspect of battery charging since even a miniscule increase in charging voltage leads to overcharge resulting in inherent water loss in the battery leading to loss of life and performance.
- Charging current of maximum 20% of C20 capacity. i.e. for a 100AH battery maximum charging current should be 20 Amps. As regards minimum charging current, batteries need minimum of 10% of their capacity as charge current in order to achieve 100% charge within the recharge time specified by manufacturers. A lower charging current does not affect battery life, but if the power outages are frequent and the battery does not reach full charge, it leads to reduction of battery life. On the other hand higher charging current beyond 20% results in faster charging but again affects battery life. It's very important that charging current is between 10% to 20% of battery capacity to obtain maximum battery life.
- Discharge current should be between 0.5 ~ 3 C20A.
- A normal gel VRLA battery has a life of 500 cycles of charge/discharge cycles at 90% depth of discharge at normal operating temperature of 25 - 27 degree Celsius. Lower depths of discharge will result in longer cycle life. Please refer to the individual battery technical specifications for exact data. Correct sizing of the battery depending on load and backup time requirement will result in optimal life and performance
- Discharge end voltage should be more than or equal to 1.75V per cell or 10.5V for a 12V battery i.e the battery should not be discharged below 10.5V. For high rate discharges from 1C to 3C the end voltage can be reduced up to 9.6V. Refer the battery technical specification table for exact values.
- After a discharge, charge the batteries immediately within 24 hours to prevent sulphation of the plates and / or hydrations shorts.
- Check individual battery voltages and ensure open circuit voltage (OCV) is above 12.8V and all batteries being installed in a string are within +/-0.18V of each other. If the battery voltages vary beyond this, then the battery voltages have to be equalized. Failure to do so will lead to early battery failures.
- Connect batteries in such a way that OCV’s are in descending order from the positive terminal of the UPS i.e. If the battery voltages in a 4 battery system are 12.81V, 12.83V, 12.84V & 12.81V then batteries should be connected in the following order from the positive terminal of the UPS, 12.84V, 12.83V, 12.81V, 12.81V.
- Connect the right terminal, choose the appropriate cable, and install the connectors firmly. Use a torque wrench and terminal protection to avoid short circuit.
- Ensure batteries are placed on a rack insulated from the ground. Use rubber or wooden strips under the rack legs. If batteries are placed on the ground directly, ensure it's placed on a rubber mat or wooden slab or any insulated material to prevent grounding.
- Use battery in a good ventilated room / location
- Check for proper torque at terminal bolt connections.
- Battery should be stocked in temperature ideally between 10 - 30 degree Celsius and the storage area should be well ventilated.
- Avoid direct sunshine and keep far away from heat sources, chemical reagents or other solvents
- Recharge the battery once every 3 months if kept in stock. Charging current of 0.15C20A and a boost charge voltage of 2.45V/cell for a period of 5 - 8 hours.
- It is the responsibility of the user to ensure that used batteries are properly disposed by returning them to the dealer / manufacturer / authorized battery recycler.
- Do not discard the battery in trash or give away or sell to an unauthorized person.
- Please note the violations of these guidelines may lead to legal action / prosecution by the government authorities